The website is built on WordPress with a few custom plugins handling specialized content such as discography, lyrics, and fan photos among others. For custom fields I ended up using Custom Metaboxes and Fields for WordPress, which I have since become a contributor to.
An interesting aspect of the site is the Instagram feed, displaying fan photos tagged with a few specific keywords. In order to avoid having all (there are quite a few) or unsuitable images appear on the website I ended up developing a custom plugin that allows an editor to browse through all submitted images and select which ones to publish on the site. This solution later evolved into the open source plugin WP Instagram.
The project also involved quite an extensive migration of data from a legacy ASP based website, mainly in regards to their large discography and lyrics archive, which I successfully managed to migrate using mdbtools and some wild